Today not only brings us closer to Christmas, it’s also the day to go grocery shopping for the holidays, at least for me. During the pandemic this shopping was even worse, so much tension, stress, you could feel it.
I have no idea what will happen today – so I will spread some joy along the way.
It’s a great way to get into the spirit of this special time of the year, the real spirit – instead of just buying what a clever marketing tells you will make you and your loved ones happy.
Today it’s time to spread the joy and share it.
One simple action is enough:
- smile at strangers
- play more with you children
- take them out to play in nature
- write a small letter to your partner with three reasons you love her/him
- hug a friend – you don’t need a reason ( I know there’s a pandemic, I trust that you use common sense and respect the rules, wherever you live)
- you could write a Xmas-card to a random address and add a 5 Euro/Pound/Dollar note (I took this idea from someone in our kindness group on Facebook)
- and there are lots more
Just think about something that would make you smile and then do it for somebody else.
Not only today – watch how you feel, how the joy spreads.
Maybe you can feel it in your body, that warm feeling…
See you tomorrow x